photo Home_transparent2.png  photo About_notbold.png  photo Speaking_Transparent.png  photo VirtualAssisting_transparent.png  photo Archives_transparent.png  photo Contact_transparent.png

Saturday, October 15, 2011

31 Days: Be The Church


I’ve recently started revisiting the idea of ‘church.’ In anticipation of further discussions on this topic I’d like us to think about the following questions:


What is the church? People or place?

What are the implications to our lives if we believe church is the people of God?

What are the implications to our buildings and worship services?

How will this affect how we spend our time each week?

Previously when I’ve wrestled through some of these questions I’ve wanted to ‘throw the baby out with the bath water.’ This time it was different. Perhaps I’ve made an idol of my American, not necessarily Biblical, definition of church because it felt as though the Lord might be wrenching it out of my hands. This thought caused me to think of Hugh Halter’s book Sacrilege which is now being added to my reading list.

The fact is that defining what it means to be the church is incredibly frightening for me. I’m hoping to discover a more Biblical definition of what church means and if my thinking is correct than my future ‘ministry’ could look completely different. I think it would be much easier to go on living with things the way they are now. But that wouldn’t be intentional living…

No comments:

Post a Comment