photo Home_transparent2.png  photo About_notbold.png  photo Speaking_Transparent.png  photo VirtualAssisting_transparent.png  photo Archives_transparent.png  photo Contact_transparent.png

Sunday, September 30, 2012

31 Days of Missional Living


It's been a year since this blog went public. Last year I began it by writing 31 Days of Intentional Living. Along that same vein I will write about living missionally for the next 31 days. "Missional" has become a buzz word in most Christian circles.  So much so that it's meaning has become muddied and obscure. For the sake of our time here I'll use missional to mean living "sent" or as a missionary within your current context.

My hope is to give you some easy and practical tips for living missionally. I'll give you some specific things to apply to your life and I'll even challenge myself from time to time. My hope is that you'll see fulfilling the Great Commission where you live is pretty simple and often only requires you to maximize what you're already doing. This doesn't mean it won't be challenging or require sacrifice. But contrary to what you may believe, missional living isn't rocket science.

If you're going to join me for 31 Days of Missional living please let me know in the comments below so we can encourage each other along the way. It's going to be a great month and I pray God will work through you to draw others to himself over the next 31 days.

Be sure to check out the other 31 Dayers and check back here where my entire 31 Days series will be posted:

Day 2: Meet Your Neighbors
Day3: Nextdoor.com 
Day 4: You Might Think I'm Crazy 
Day 5: Successfully Inviting Neighbors to Your Event 
Day 6: Do Hard Things
Day 7: The Most Important Thing
Day 8: In The City
Day 9: Do What You Love 
Day 10: Discovering Your Third Place
Day 11: Know Your City To Love Your City 
Day 12: When Mission Is Hard 
Day 13: An Asissignment 
Day 14: Faithfulness in Prayer 
Day 15: Resources 
Day 16: From Obedience to Love 
Day 17: Just Listen 
Day 18: You Need Community 
Day 19: Create Margin
Day 20: Worship for the City 
Day 21: Prayer for His Strength  
Day 22: Community Is Good For The Soul 
Day 23: Gospel Centered Among Believers  
Day 24: When Your Neighborhood Is Changing 
Day 25: Being Missional In The Present
Day 26: A Wife On Mission, Part 1
Day 27: A Wife On Mission, Part 2
Day 28: Pray for Opportunities 
Day 29: Share Stories 
Day 30: Ought-Is-Can-Will 
Day 31: Missional on Halloween  
Conclusion: Missional Living is Easy

(Like my button? It was made by Creative Kristi Designs. She's affordable and very skilled. So be sure to contact her if your blog, Etsy store or website need a facelift.)

10 comments:

  1. Great topic - I will be following along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to have you and can't wait to hear how God works in your life this month.

      Delete
  2. Hi, I'll be following along this month, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If men are allowed, me 3. Interesting, I told someone recently that "church planting isn't rocket science." It wasn't received well but I think I meant the same thing you are saying: simple, focused, maximized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, of course men are allowed. And I agree, church planting isn't rocket science. Sometime we make the Gospel much more complicated than it has to be.

      Delete
  4. Glad to have found you through Nester’s link up. I’m looking forward to what you have to share. I am blogging about “I Wear Pink”. Please stop by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, thanks for stopping by. Please post a link to your blog.

      Delete
  5. I like the title of your blog. I actually don't plant churches, but I do think I plant seeds. My husband and I cruise in a sailboat, and when we are not able to visit a church on Sunday, we have church wherever we are and make an effort to invite others to join us. We see people for a moment, and then we all go our separate ways. Still, I think that shared worship changes people. I'm looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, I'm so excited to hear your story. It sounds like you and your husband are very missional by planting seeds of the Gospel wherever you go. Awesome!

      Delete