photo Home_transparent2.png  photo About_notbold.png  photo Speaking_Transparent.png  photo VirtualAssisting_transparent.png  photo Archives_transparent.png  photo Contact_transparent.png

Saturday, October 6, 2012

31 Days of Missional Living: Do Hard Things (Day 6)

I hope you've figured out by now that missional living does not have to be difficult. Most elements of missional living are simple and oftentimes things we're already doing that can be maximized. However what you will notice is that missional living will require your time and oftentimes sacrifice. It will require you to step
 out of your comfort zone.

Printable Source

Today my husband and I are attending Downtown Orlando's, Come Out With Pride. We'll be prayer walking and engaging in conversations with people if God gives us the opportunities. But I'm not feeling brave. I'm uncertain of what I will see and how our time will go. The unknown can be scary.

But with the prayers and support of many friends I'm facing my fears. It's not the first time either. I know as you seek to live missionally you'll have some fear filled times as well. Be sure to remember the following when doing hard things:
  • Be rooted in God's word and in communication with Him (preach the Gospel to yourself daily).
  • Surround yourself by a community of friends that prays for you.
  • Go ahead and take action (putting things off only makes them harder).
Would you share your experiences of doing hard things and how God was faithful to you in them below?

Remember to continue inviting your neighbors to Nextdoor.com and to the neighborhood event your hosting this month.

1 comment:

  1. How did it go today? Praying you had the right words and God was with you!

    ReplyDelete