photo Home_transparent2.png  photo About_notbold.png  photo Speaking_Transparent.png  photo VirtualAssisting_transparent.png  photo Archives_transparent.png  photo Contact_transparent.png

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

31 Days of Missional Living: Gospel Centered Among Believers (Day 23)


Allume: I'm Going!


What you may not know about me is that I work full-time in a Christian organization. Want to know a little secret? I used to hate it. Why? I hated being around Christians forty hours a week. You see I believe each and every one of us is called to live as missionaries to fulfill the Great Commission.While some people thrive in indirect ministry I do not. My personality is such that I crave relational connection and I don't consider my working in a Christian organization an excuse to not live missionally among the lost. This tension made me uncomfortable for a long time.

But then I rediscovered my mission field and began intentionally investing my time with lost people. I mentioned previously how doing mission out of passion expands your capacity. I realized something else ...that Christians need to hear the Gospel too.

Everyday you and I need to preach the Gospel to ourselves. And each other. I'm not talking about the religious platitudes or empty cliche's. We each need to be willing to share the life changing, paradigm shifting truth of the Gospel that is relevant to every aspect of our lives. If you have a gift, it is from God. If you have a trial you should thank God in that too.

The good news is that we all need to hear the Good News everyday. I try to remind my self of that everyday at work. If I'll be seeing you at Allume this weekend let's remember to boldly preach the Gospel to one another there too. Leave a comment below if I can expect to see you there being Gospel centered among believers.

No comments:

Post a Comment