This weekend plan to spend some extended time at your third place. Even if you already have plans this weekend you can give at least one hour to intentional missional living. You have to start somewhere and for missional living to become second nature in your life you have to work hard to make it a priority in the beginning. Here are some tips for effective time at your third place:
- Remember your third place is somewhere you enjoy. It should be life-giving for you to visit it no matter what your intention.
- You don't have to go alone. Bring a spouse, friend, or even plan a group outing. One of the best ways to draw unbelievers is for them see healthy Christian community in action.
- You can bring a book, iPad, etc. But those things are not you main priority. Be interruptable.
- Pray before during and after your time for God to use you and direct your time and speech.
- Count any conversation you have beyond the weather a success. You're not called to save your city or even your coffee shop in one day. You're called to be faithful to engage in missional relationships.
Now go forth as a missionary into your city.
Don't forget to come back here and share your stories so we can celebrate together.