Do you love your city? I believe loving your city well requires you to know your city. That includes your city’s problems. To learn about your city holistically begin by asking some obvious questions:
- Is my city mostly clean or mostly dirty?
- Are it's people friendly or disengaged?
- Is it poor? Rich? Middle-class? A combination?
- Is homelessness a problem? Unemployment? Crime? Drug use?
- What are the schools like?
- Read demographics studies or do your own.
- Ask city officials about the problems in your city.
- Talk to church and nonprofit leaders.
- Do a survey of your neighbors and others you come in contact with.
So what have you learned about your city?