|#31days of Missional Meals: Day 16|
"Lynne Rosetto Kasper, the host of The Splendid Table, says there are two kinds of people in the world: people who wake up thinking about what to have for supper and people who don't. I am in the first camp, certainly. But it took me about twenty years to say that out loud." -Shauna NiequistI think it would be impossible to talk about missional meals without discussing our view of food. My thinking on this issue continues to develop but there are a few things I'm sure of:
- Gluttony is a sin. It puts the created thing in place of the creator.
- Food is to be enjoyed. (See Genesis 1:11-12, 29)
- Balance is key. But this will look different for each person based on individual health needs, body type and any dietary restrictions.
- Food like most things is better when shared. Nothing increases the joy of your favorite wine, a delicious salad or really good chocolate like sharing it with others.
- Eat with Freedom by Mary DeMuth
- Her own perspective on food and strong beautiful bodies by Renia Carsillo