photo Home_transparent2.png  photo About_notbold.png  photo Speaking_Transparent.png  photo VirtualAssisting_transparent.png  photo Archives_transparent.png  photo Contact_transparent.png

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Coming in October


October 1st will be my two year anniversary of writing this blog and every year I participate in The Nester's 31 Days series. Each year thousands of bloggers write about a topic of their choice every day for 31 days. In the past I have written 31 days of Intentional Living and 31 Days of Missional Living. This year I'm writing 31 Days of Missional Meals.

You see what I've learned about missional living through doing ministry in Downtown Orlando is that it's easy. I don't mean that living as a missionary in your context won't be difficult or require sacrifice. But missional living simply requires you to live a life of intention.

For most people this means they can do what they're already doing but recognize that their lives should intersect with their faith and thus result in regular opportunities to engage others with the Gospel. This means you can find the sacred in the mundane. And that something seemingly simple like a meal can be a catalyst for deep and meaningful conversations that lead to life change.

I hope you'll join me in October as we learn to make our meals intentional, missional ventures. Be sure to subscribe using the button to the right so you don't miss a single update.

Are you planning to join in with The Nester's 31 Days challenge? I'd love to hear what you'll be writing about in the comments below.

4 comments:

  1. We are doing another "work"tober. 31 days of house projects. AJ is excited about it this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Molly. I can't wait to see all you get done. It was really inspiring last year :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Renia. I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback.

      Delete