photo Home_transparent2.png  photo About_notbold.png  photo Speaking_Transparent.png  photo VirtualAssisting_transparent.png  photo Archives_transparent.png  photo Contact_transparent.png

Saturday, February 16, 2013

A Book Review And An Exciting Invitation


 Last year was a fiction year. Do you ever have those? 2012 rocked our world and my reading capacity didn't go much beyond some brainless escapist reading. While 2013 finds me with a more intentional non-fiction list I stumbled upon this gem, Rebekah, published by the wonderful folks at Revell Books.

Rebekah tells the Biblical story of Rebekah and Isaac found in Genesis. While you've certainly read this story many times before you've never read it like this. Author, Jill Eileen Smith, paints the story of a beautiful romance filled with highs, lows, grace and redemption. The book did start out a little slow for me and I'm not usually a romance reader. But before I knew it I was drawn into a story that had the perfect amount of romance to make your heart flutter without the smut of the typical mainstream novel.

And now for an exciting announcement...

Jill Eileen Smith will be a featured guest on a live video chat this coming Tuesday, February 19th at 7:00 PM EST!  It’s free to attend, and you can meet Jill and ask any questions you have for her!  Go here to RSVP and find out more details about this event. 

Jill will present ten facts and/or possibilities you may not know about the Patriarch Isaac's wife, Rebekah. She'll also be taking you questions about the people of the Bible and any of her books. So please plan to join us!


(Rebekah was provide to me by Revell Book to review but all opinions are my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment