photo Home_transparent2.png  photo About_notbold.png  photo Speaking_Transparent.png  photo VirtualAssisting_transparent.png  photo Archives_transparent.png  photo Contact_transparent.png

Monday, January 21, 2013

My Theme for 2013



 In 2012 we saw the death of many dreams. My husband left a job that while emotionally deadening was financially stable. We began the long hard road of starting our own business and spent a few thousand dollars on training, travel, and materials. And we still have a long road ahead of us. As we continued to cry out to God with the hope of expanding our family our prayers seemed to fall upon dead ears.

For 2012 God gave me the theme of Passion and Purity but I often wondered if he’d really meant loss and heartache? But as 2012 came to a close slowly but surely new doors started to open and hope started to shine through the ashes. 

During the week of Thanksgiving after nine long months my husband received a very unexpected job offer. In the month of December we had the pleasure of hosting an orphan from Colombia and my husband started his long awaited Master’s program. Doors kept opening and I am convinced… 

2013 will be the year of new beginnings  and I have chosen the theme, “All Things New.” I’m reflecting on the following verses as I enter this new year:
From now on, therefore, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we once regarded Christ according to the flesh, we regard him thus no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 2 Corinthians 5:16-17
 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” Revelation 21: 3-5
I’m praying that 2013 will be a year of new beginnings for you as well. What would it look like for God to make all things new in your life this year? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment