photo Home_transparent2.png  photo About_notbold.png  photo Speaking_Transparent.png  photo VirtualAssisting_transparent.png  photo Archives_transparent.png  photo Contact_transparent.png

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

When Trusting is Tough





Today it’s hard to trust. I have spent months even years, being uncertain about the direction my life is going. Today it all came rushing at me. I’m scared. I don’t know what’s going to happen next. Is my husband going to start working on his Master’s degree? Will we move? Will we buy a house? What does our job future’s look like? What is our ministry and family future going to be?

Most importantly, why is it not easier to trust the God of the universe? He is God! I should have no problem  trusting him. I wonder if there is some great sin in my heart that gets in the way of me trusting him fully. I know I do not like uncertainties. Should it even be easy to trust God? Does it perhaps strengthen our faith to struggle to trust him? Is the fact that trust doesn’t always come easy good for us? I know I don’t have the answers to any of these questions.

Are there areas where you’ve struggled to trust God? How do you seek to trust him more even when it’s hard?

2 comments:

  1. Dear Joy,Good questions about trust!I'm learning that when everything around me is uncertain that God Who is Near to me is a ROCK who cannot be shaken!He is the Author, Perfecter, and Finisher of our faith; this means everything in our lives is designed to point us to Him!It's interesting to me how He uses opposites,(evil)to contrast His goodness.I've experienced some rather painful hatred & rejection lately but am absolutely awed how God provides believers in my life at the same time who display His incredible LOVE,GRACE, & ACCEPTANCE.Praying for the Body to be amazed by His love!Love & Prayers,in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia, thank you so much for sharing so openly. You're an encouragement!

    ReplyDelete