photo Home_transparent2.png  photo About_notbold.png  photo Speaking_Transparent.png  photo VirtualAssisting_transparent.png  photo Archives_transparent.png  photo Contact_transparent.png

Monday, September 22, 2014

For Couples, Singles and Anyone Who Wants to Really Live

Image Source
I've told the story before of how I sat in the middle of a staff meeting in a huge board room and had an epiphany; I had been holding off on living.

I had a million excuses or what seemed like great reasons why I was waiting to live so much of my life. But if we're honest I was really just missing out and I know I'm not the only one.

Perhaps you're waiting until you graduate, get married, find the perfect job, have kids, or any other milestone that you think will set you free to really live. I've got news for you. You're wasting your life. You're wasting precious minutes, days and opportunities waiting. I know. I was there too.

In the month of October I'm joining with the Nester to Write 31 Days. This will be my fourth time (I can't even believe it) participating in the 31 day challenge. This year I'll be writing 31 Days of Celebrations and Traditions (for couples, singles, and anyone who wants to really live).

I've noticed (especially in the church) that singles and couples without kids spend a lot of time putting their lives on hold until they reach some kind of mythological status that will finally complete their lives and free them up to pursue their dreams. So I'll be writing directly to those two groups. However I'll share practical suggestions for living well that will apply to almost anyone. I'll write about the theology of celebration and some practical ways for celebrating in your daily life and creating simple meaningful traditions that help you to live more intentionally.

I hope you'll join me in October as we learn together how to live better more joyful lives that are overflowing with gratitude and celebration for the now. You can follow along by clicking on the subscribe button on the top right.

Are you participating in the 31 day challenge this year? If so I'd love to hear from you in the comments below. 


2 comments: