photo Home_transparent2.png  photo About_notbold.png  photo Speaking_Transparent.png  photo VirtualAssisting_transparent.png  photo Archives_transparent.png  photo Contact_transparent.png

Monday, January 27, 2014

IF:Local - #Orlando


Have you ever said "no," to something God was specifically telling you to do? Well I did this Fall. When I first heard about IF: Gathering I knew God was calling me to play a specific role in it. When the call came for local women to host gatherings in their own cities and communities I knew God wanted me to signup to be a hostess. And I told Him, "no."

At the time I had some very good reasons for feeling like I shouldn't lead IF:Local in Orlando. If I stated my case you would likely agree with my reasoning. But the fact remains that God had a plan that included me whether I came easily or not.

After registering for the gathering as an attendee (not a hostess) I decided I would contact the Orlando hostess and offer my help. My logic was that I could sort of obey God and that would be ok, right?

Shortly after I finally got in touch with her and began planning details, she became unable to be the Orlando host. So I was back where I started (only this time two weeks away from IF: Local) and I finally answered God and committed to what He had been telling me to do for months.

I'm so glad I'm the only person who ever ignores God's voice...

All that to say if you're in the Orlando area, here's what you need to know:

 

If you're not familiar with IF:Gathering here's a little more about them:


  • The IF Mission: We exist to gather, equip and unleash the next generation of women to live our their purpose.
  • Description: We are starting a raw authentic and community-driven movement. We are a generation (of women) who craves the uncomfortable – we will wrestle with hard questions and not know all the answers. We will invest in one another and represent the Church to a generation that needs God.

IF:Gathering is lead by some amazing women including Ann Voskamp, Jennie Allen, Jen Hatmaker, Lauren Chandler, and Shelley Giglio, to name a few.

On February 7-8 (less than two weeks from today, yikes!), women from around the world will gather locally participating in a simulcast that will answer questions like "if God is real, then how shall we live?" and seek what God desires to do in our generation.

Because I've just become the Orlando hostess, this first gathering will be small and intimate (unless of course God has other plans). We'll meet Friday from 6:00-9:30 PM and Saturday beginning at 9:00 AM (I'm still finalizing Saturday's schedule).

If you plan on attending please register here. I'll receive a confirmation of your registration and will email you the address of the gathering, info about meals and more detailed schedule info.

Phew! That was a lot. I'm excited and scared but I really hope you locals can join me. If you're not local to the Orlando area, find or host a group in your area here.

I'm excited to see what God will do with our generation of women and I'd love to here if you plan to join this movement in the comments below.


No comments:

Post a Comment