photo Home_transparent2.png  photo About_notbold.png  photo Speaking_Transparent.png  photo VirtualAssisting_transparent.png  photo Archives_transparent.png  photo Contact_transparent.png

Thursday, April 25, 2013

No Hurry {in(RL) Guest Post}


Can you believe in(RL) starts this tomorrow? If you haven't registered yet there's still time to join this free women's conference that happens via meetups in communities all over the world. In honor of in(RL) I'm featuring a series of guest posts from some of my real life friends this week. Enjoy!

Today I had one of those moments. The moment that you realize things are changing. It was a bitter sweet moment. I wasn't in a hurry for it.

I was making the bed and Drew came running in. He jumped up on the bed and was bouncing and doing somersaults. In a moment I caught a glint in his eye. It was a look that said, "I am not a baby any more, but mom I am still your baby." In an instant the look was gone. He was back to flipping and crawling under the sheets. I decided I was in no hurry.

I gave in and played with my baby while he wanted to and bounced on the bed with him. We wrestled and tickled. We laughed and giggled. Then we snuggled in the only way Drew knows how. I was in no hurry.

The bed still isn't finished being made. It might not get finished today. There have been other important things today, like sitting together and eating breakfast, playing on the porch, and watching the big trucks go by. There was no hurry.

Drew is leaving "Baby Drew" behind so fast and turning into "Little Boy Drew." Every day there is less and less of the baby in him. He is changing so fast. The days seem really long some times, but I know they are short. I know I don't have much time left with my "Baby Drew." Things are changing and I can't slow them down, but I don't want to rush it.There is no need to hurry.

Today, I am trying to remind myself that everything else can wait. We can go slow, because there is no hurry.

Molly is one the people I do most of my  real life living with. She is wife, mom, and most of all a sister in Christ. She loves books, Dr. Who, paleo, and Jesus. She doesn't always have time for Pinterest projects and her house (like most of us) isn't always perfect. But years from now she knows Drew will remember the time she spent playing on the floor with him more than how clean the floor was. She shares her life here.

No comments:

Post a Comment