photo Home_transparent2.png  photo About_notbold.png  photo Speaking_Transparent.png  photo VirtualAssisting_transparent.png  photo Archives_transparent.png  photo Contact_transparent.png

Monday, November 11, 2013

When You've Lost Your Joy


After a long 31 days of writing I took a step back and it was quiet here the first week of November. And while a break was much needed there was something else. After several months of peace I encountered a wall of depression that I wasn't quite prepared for. Everything in life became joyless. I felt like I had lost myself. And if you've experienced depression before you know how it can suck the joy right out of the most life giving tasks if you can even manage to do them. And the things that could bring you the most healing (for me that includes writing) are the most impossible to do.

Depression is a thief. It steals joy and life and happiness. It is unpredictable and often uncontrollable. During depression one can experience high and lows that leave you feeling like you're on some terrible roller coaster with little knowledge of what's coming next.

I've written about depression and anxiety here before. But today I have no neat way to wrap this up or steps that have worked for me. I'm just sharing in the midst of my journey so that you can know that you're not alone. I hope that bit of knowledge brings you a ray of hope in the darkness.


No comments:

Post a Comment