photo Home_transparent2.png  photo About_notbold.png  photo Speaking_Transparent.png  photo VirtualAssisting_transparent.png  photo Archives_transparent.png  photo Contact_transparent.png

Monday, December 24, 2012

It's A Wonderful Life


This year I got to partake in one of my favorite Christmas traditions of watching It's a Wonderful Life (on DVD commercial free) early. Usually I have a girls viewing party including popcorn, pajamas, and a holiday beverage bar. But with us hosting a Colombian child this month I wasn't sure if it was possible. Somehow amazingly I talked my husband into watching it with me the Sunday after Thanksgiving (I'm still not sure how I managed this).

 Although it's not directly related to advent this is certainly one of the ways I slow down, consider my life, and prepare for the wonder of Christmas. If you haven't seen this wonderful movie from start to finish you certainly must. It's appropriate for all ages and I assure you it will only add more meaning to your celebrations. In the spirit of that fabulous movie The Resurgence shared a great post on the qualities of a good wife as seen in Mary Bailey.

So what are your favorite traditions? How do you draw near to the Christ child this time of year?

(Portions of this post were originally published December 21, 2011.)

No comments:

Post a Comment