photo Home_transparent2.png  photo About_notbold.png  photo Speaking_Transparent.png  photo VirtualAssisting_transparent.png  photo Archives_transparent.png  photo Contact_transparent.png

Thursday, July 8, 2010

So Who's Doing All This Confessing Anyway?

Originally written October 3, 2009

About the Writer

I am a twenty-something wife of a future church planter. My husband and I moved to the Downtown Orlando area in July of 2009 to ultimately plant a new church. I have a degree in Church Leadership and my husband has a degree in Christian Education. We are theologically reformed. Our hope and prayer for Downtown Orlando is to see Jesus lifted up that He may draw all men to Himself (John12:32). We want to see people saved, families united, and men and women living missional lives in relationship with Jesus Christ.


Just for Fun

My husband and I live in a house built in 1926 with our Bassett Hound, Sam, and attend Celebration Community Church (www.CelebrationCommunityChurch.com). We are both avid readers and like to listen to the teachings of Mark Driscoll, Tim Keller, Matt Chandler, Tony Evans, and Alistair Begg, just to name a few. I am currently exploring cake decorating as a hobby. I love rock music but have become more eclectic as I’ve gotten older. The short list includes Leeland, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Jimmy Needham, U2, Natalie Grant, Matt Kearney, and Rascal Flats. I especially enjoy watching NCIS, The Big Band Theory, and Sell This House.

Why Another Dumb Blog?

My purpose in sharing my “confessions” is that ultimately Jesus would be glorified and that maybe, in some small way other ministry wives and church planters might be edified and encouraged. Plus I’d love to hear how everyone out there is surviving because this is tough stuff and we’re only just beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment