photo Home_transparent2.png  photo About_notbold.png  photo Speaking_Transparent.png  photo VirtualAssisting_transparent.png  photo Archives_transparent.png  photo Contact_transparent.png

Friday, March 6, 2015

Gather: Five Minute Friday



I feel the acid gathering in my stomach. I try to drown it with antacids. I try to drown my fear, stress, and anxiety in YouTube videos and Hulu binges. I text friends for prayer. And nothing is enough.

I feel alone and afraid.

I give up. I have no other options. I play a song. I bow before the King. I lay my heart out. I lean into the The Rock that is higher than I.

I don't know how to do this. Give up everything. All that is familiar. For unknown territory. Leave behind home for the sake of obedience. I cannot bare it all.

So I stop trying.

One foot in front of the other. I cry. I sit. I wait. I write. I want to give up worry and lean into trust. I want to stop believing I must do it all on my own.

I want to rest. I want to find daily Sabbath in the midst of a cross-country move.

I take an anxiety supplement. And run water in the sink. Smell Dawn dish detergent. One step at a time I move forward. 



I'm linking up over at Kate's for Five Minute Friday. Join us here

2 comments:

  1. Joy, I don't know what you are facing right now but it sounds as though you are full of trepidation - my prayers are with you today as you trust The One who leads you. Visiting from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Susan. I'm planning a move to Houston from my home state of Florida. Your prayer are much needed and much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete