photo Home_transparent2.png  photo About_notbold.png  photo Speaking_Transparent.png  photo VirtualAssisting_transparent.png  photo Archives_transparent.png  photo Contact_transparent.png

Saturday, April 26, 2014

For Your Weekend Reading: The Cat Lady of Highland Park




I received this book as a gift from the author but all opinions are my own.

Although this memoir is a 100% true account of Blaine’s youth, The Cat Lady of Highland Park reads like fiction. With a large enough cup of tea you can finish it in one lazy Sunday afternoon.

The first time I read Blaine’s memoir it was in its draft stages as a blog. Even though I knew what was coming, I was on the edge of my seat the second time I read it in it’s finished form.

It’s an easy read but if you’ve ever had anybody in your life even remotely like the Cat Lady it may hit a little bit too close to home. Throughout the book it will be hard to remember that what you’re reading is not some outlandish narrative but the author’s own true story of growing up in the Chicago suburbs.

Blaine’s is a story, like many of our own, of looking “outside for solutions to turmoil that can only be resolved within,” and it is fantastic. 

Get your copy here.


No comments:

Post a Comment