photo Home_transparent2.png  photo About_notbold.png  photo Speaking_Transparent.png  photo VirtualAssisting_transparent.png  photo Archives_transparent.png  photo Contact_transparent.png

Sunday, October 9, 2011

31 Days: I Broke The Rules!

Perhaps you figured this out reading some of my previous posts about my legalistic upbringing; I like rules. They make me feel safe. That my friends is a sin because my sense of safety and security should come from Christ alone. This particular sin I struggle with on an almost daily basis.

Imagine my horrow this morning when my eyes blinked open and one of my first thoughts was, "Oh no! I forgot to write my post!" In the interest of intentional living I tried to avoid my computer yesterday and only got on to read one blog post yesterday morning. And it worked. I got an amazing amount done and avoided my computer so well that I completely forgot to post. Previously this would have stopped me in my tracks. I probbably would have never posted again and maybe even deleted this blog. But thanks be to God who is helping me to fight the enemy of our souls.

"As for me, I shall take my old accustomed place,
Near enough to God to hear him, and know he is there,
But not so far from men as to not hear them,
And remember they are there, too."
- "I Stand by the Door" By Samuel Moor Shoemaker

If you haven't read Shoemaker's poem already be sure to follow the link and read it all the way through. There were times that while I was reading that I wasn't sure if I would agree with where he as going but I encourage you to read to the end. It will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment