photo Home_transparent2.png  photo About_notbold.png  photo Speaking_Transparent.png  photo VirtualAssisting_transparent.png  photo Archives_transparent.png  photo Contact_transparent.png

Sunday, October 2, 2011

31 Days: How I'll Be intentional

For the next 31 days I've chosen the following areas to practice intentional living:

Health
Relationships (too bad I couldn't think of an 'H' word for this one)
Home
Heart

In terms of relationships I want to be more intentional about my missional relationships. Most of those originate at my husband's job downtown. When it comes to my home I want to be more intentional about how I use my time there, meal prep, and creating an atmosphere of hospitality. In terms of my heart I want to learn to be with God again.
When it comes to health I need to improve everywhere but mostly in the exercise department. I had really gotten into a routine and was going to the gym five days a week. Then life happened and my routine came to a screeching halt. Last night in honor of this new commitment to intentional living I went back for the first time in a long time and it was great. But that’s not enough.


The schedule you see is for a program called Body Transformation at my gym. It’s supposed to help me loose weight and become extra sexy. Well it better. Do you see those dates? It’s a twelve week program right in the middle of holiday eating and parties. And it’s not cheap. I’ll be paying a significant amount of money in addition to my membership fee to get kicked into shape. I’m excited and a bit nervous. Most of all I really hope it works.

I’ve chosen several of areas to be more intentional about this month. That will either turn out to be a really good thing or a really bad thing. Would you choose one area in your life and join with me on this intentional living journey? Maybe it’s something simple like eating only one candy bar each day or wasting less time on Facebook. Or maybe you’re gutsy and want to loose some weight, improve your marriage, or rekindle your relationship with God. No matter what you choose I can’t promise the next 31 days will be easy but I hope you’ll find them worth it.

So what are you going to be more intentional about this month?

1 comment:

  1. I found you through Sherry C's blog. I have NEVER been a blogger or follower. I am a good friend of hers, nearly never check hers. As she is embarking on a 31 Day challenge, your link caught my eye. Intentionality has been my personal challenge, one that I spend many days choosing to give up on, unintentionally. I'll be checking back in, and working my plan to be more intentional about my use of time.

    ReplyDelete